Lavender Lodge, a vintage style tearoom, serves homemade cakes, afternoon teas, light lunches, brunch and a new menu for 2016. The award winning Orangery Restaurant serves traditional cooked meals, homemade cakes and coffees.
We are looking for an Assistant Chef to work between Restaurants to follow instructions given by the Head Chefs. You will be working on all kitchen duties in an extremely busy environment. The successful applicant will have previous experience and training in the food industry. In addition they will play an integral role and have the ability to work independently as well as supporting our catering team whilst remaining calm under pressure. Shifts are varied so the availability to work alternate weekends, public holidays & some evening shifts is a must.
Ensure the highest possible standard of hygiene is practiced and maintained by the entire kitchen brigade to meet Health & Safety regulations and food preparation guidelines.
Key responsibilities & Skills:
• To follow all instructions given by the Head Chef
• Assists and participates in the preparation of a wide variety of foods
• Estimates food needs, reviews inventory to assure that adequate supplies are available, requisitions food and other supplies from stockroom.
• Receipt and storage of all provisions, fresh and frozen, in accordance with current food hygiene regulations including correct stock rotation and storage. Ensuring that all food is labelled clearly and correctly.
• Coordinates food service activities to have meals prepared at scheduled time.
• Participates in the cleaning of kitchen
• Packages and freezes food to comply with health regulations.
• Operates all food service equipment and machinery.