EVENTS & SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR - FULL TIME
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone who has a passion for Events and Social Media, working with the Directors in our busy Marketing Office. You will arrange, organise and evaluate events and deliver Social Media advertising throughout the Garden Centres taking it to the next level.
The successful applicant will have previous experience and formal qualifications.
Shifts are varied which will include weekends when required, public holidays & some evening shifts.
In addition they will play an integral role and have the ability to work independently as well as supporting our Marketing team whilst remaining calm under pressure.
Key responsibilities & Skills:
Organise Promotional Activities and Events
• Organise photography, press releases, articles and other internal and external communications
• Update all social media to communicate and engage with customers.
• Assist with proofreading of work.
• Complete Administrative duties, including purchase orders
• Researching markets to identify opportunities for events
• Liaise with the Directors and Management team to ascertain their precise event requirements
• Producing detailed proposals for events (e.g. timelines, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets)
• Agreeing to, and manage budgets.
• Securing and booking a suitable venue or location.
• Ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to.
• Coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire.
• Organising facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and the media.
• Identifying and securing speakers or special guests.
• Planning room layouts and the entertainment programme, scheduling workshops and demonstrations.
• Coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings.
• Selling sponsorship/stand/exhibition space to potential exhibitors/partners.
• Preparing delegate packs and papers.
• Liaising with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event.
• Liaising with clients and designers to create a brand for the event and organising the production of tickets, posters, catalogues and sales brochures, plus social media coverage.
• Coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly.
• Overseeing the dismantling and removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently.
• Post-event evaluation (including data entry and analysis and producing reports).
Adapt and deliver the social media strategy for the Company
• Review and approve Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/other content calendars.
• Advise and influence on social media advertising to meet strategy objectives.
• Work closely with management on brand guidelines and best practice, and monitoring pages regularly to ensure compliance.
• Report and analyse social media results for guidance on improving performance and brand alignment.
• Manage digital assets – uploading, organizing, and sharing.
• Coordinate, review and approval of locally adapted digital advertising.
• Partner with the Graphic Designer to localise digital assets.
• Manage scheduling process of blogger partnerships onto the global platform.
• Customer Service correspondence in respect of letters & emails received.
• Community engagement - Charities.
• Monitoring Customer Service levels.