Decorating your perfect Christmas Tree
Whether you're looking to invest in an artificial Christmas Tree or whether you buy a real cut tree each year, our guide is here to help you get the best out of your decorations! Gather up your favourite ornaments, add in a few new and get ready to create your most beautiful Christmas yet!
- Choose your tree! If it's artificial, invest in a high quality tree that will last you for years to come. Consider the size of your room, and the height of your ceilings.
- Take time to shape your branches to make your tree look full and luscious. If you have a real tree, soak it overnight in water to ensure the needles are kept longer on the tree.
- Choose your colours and theme. Whether it's traditional red, green and gold or something more daring and fun, we have decorations to suit you!
- Start with the lights. We recommend 100 lights / 5m of lights per 2ft of tree. Start from the base of the tree and zig zag all the way to the top.
- Next add your baubles, cluster the larger ornaments in groups of 3 and spread these across the tree to create balance. Try to have feature decorations running down the front of the tree to draw the eye into a focal point.
- Add similar ornaments throughout and add more subtle decorations such as berries, pine cones and birds to add fullness to the tree, without overpowering the larger decorations.
- Add your tree topper. Choose a size that suits the size of your tree, and don't forget to consider the height of your room! Select from angels, stars, bows or something a bit more bold and unusual.
- Take a step back and check the balance of decorations across the tree. Finish off with a tree skirt and then reflect the theme and colour across the rest of the room for the festive season.
Visit us in-store or online and start to create your perfect Christmas Tree!