It’s officially December, and that means it’s time to start decorating our beautiful houses for the festive season! Whether you’re an artificial or real tree kind of household, we have put together our guide to best decorate your perfect Christmas tree!
- Firstly, you’ll need to choose your tree of course! For artificial trees you’ll want to invest in a high-quality tree that will last you for years to come. Consider the size of the room and the height of your ceilings to make sure it will fit! If you are opting for a real tree this year, soak it in water overnight to ensure the needles on the tree are kept longer.
- Next, you’ll need to select the colour scheme and theme for your Christmas tree. Whether you wish to go traditional with reds and golds, or something more fun, we have the ideal decorations for you. Visit one of our stores to see how we decorate over 10 different themed trees for inspiration!
- If your artificial tree doesn’t come pre-lit, now is the time to add your lights. We recommend 100 lights / 5m of lights we 2ft of tree. You should start from the base of the tree and zig zag all the way to the top. Be patient! You want to make sure the foundations of your tree are looking good before you start adding your baubles.
- Next, add your baubles. Larger ornaments should be in groups of 3 or 5 depending on the size of the baubles and the tree. Spread these across the tree to create a good balance. Try to include featured decorations running down the front of the tree to draw the eye into a focal point.
- Add similar smaller ornaments throughout your tree and add more subtle decorations such as birds, berries, or pine cones to add fullness but avoid making it look too busy.
- Finally, add your choice of tree topper. Whether you choose an angel, star, bow, or something bolder, make sure you consider the height of your room and what will suit the size of your tree.
Now it is time to take a step back, do a final check on the balance of decorations across the tree, and admire the perfect Christmas tree you have just decorated. Finish off with a tree skirt and add your Christmas presents.
Visit us in-store or online and start decorating your perfect Christmas tree!